Friday 26 October 2012

Unaccustomed as I am


On Thursday I am going to talk at the Council  area meeting at the Cairn Hotel. I will tell them about the petition and mention all your names one by one. Actually I won't as you only get three minutes, so I  had better keep it short and sweet. Anyway suffice to say I will put the arguments across and point out that we represent a large constituency of Harrogate cyclists and can we have a Cycle officer please?

Hopefully all this lobbying will lead somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Agree entirely. I have cycled since I was a boy (now 60 years old) but really fed up with aggressive drivers in Harrogate. On the other side of the coin I also get fed up with people cycling along the pavement and expecting me to jump out of their way!
    A cycle officer please - to educate all road users!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite agree education is just as important as better provision. If the Council commit to an officer I hope they will educate as well as improve provision.

    ReplyDelete