Wednesday 23 October 2013

Traffic Free Cycling to Hampsthwaite is coming REJOICE


There have been plans afoot to extend the Nidderdale Greeenway to Hampsthwaite for a while now. I blogged about it in August and asked people to email North Yorkshire County Council to show there was demand. About 5 hours later they asked me to tell you to stop emailing as so many people had emailed their inbox was melting.

Anyway I just got this email via the supportive Rebbecca Burnett.
I am currently working on a scheme to improve the surface of Hollybank Lane Ripley to facilitate cyclists which I believe is the scheme referred to by the constituents. If that is the case I can confirm that we have secured funding for the scheme and following local consultation we are working to implement the scheme during the remainder of the current financial year.
So bit of a result that then? Looks like you can do the Harrogate commute from Hampsthwaite after Christmas without seeing a car, yes indeed. Onwards to Pateley Bridge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment