Thursday 10 May 2012

The Man from the Council says.... We will get back to you.



This afternoon we met with Glen from North Yorkshire  Council.  The story is that there may already be a "scheme" in place to put provision up the Knaresborough Road.  If there is no scheme we or the Council will put one forward as a starting point. Next obstacle is to find funding in these recession hit times although there are a few funding sources around and we may want to talk to people like Sustans to see if they would wish to get involved.

It  looks like it is feasible to have the really wide pavements on the Knaresborough Rd as dual cycle/pedestrian use so that might be an option and give a proposal more flexibility. All in all a constructive meeting although I was accused by my wife of being a bit of an attack dog in my style. I have no idea what she means, anyway when I had taken my teeth out of Glen's neck it turns out he is a pretty keen cyclist too and hopefully this should help us. Next Job is to update Andrew Jones about progress and we will  of course let you all know what happens next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment