Saturday 5 May 2012

Why Cycle Harrogate matters

Image by Carlonreid on Flikr

Sitting in my car on the Knaresborough Rd on the days when  for one reason or another I didn't cycle to work it's easy to let the often stationary traffic get to you. It's important to remember though that you're not in traffic you are traffic.

Harrogate is a beautiful town but often crossing it in a car is a shocker. On many days my journey to work is quicker by bike than car, even though I go literally an extra mile to avoid the busiest bits of road. While I'm on my bike I'm burning fat (a constant requirement in my case). When I'm in my car I'm burning money. I hope Cycle Harrogate as well as improving provision for cyclists can get more people out on their bikes who wouldn't have thought about, bothered or even dared to before.

0 comments:

Post a Comment