Wednesday 14 August 2013

Beryl Still in Peril- Moutainbiking in Harrogate


I rode the Beryl Burton last night, I was off to the pub. The rather excellent half moon in knaresborough. Its been done up in the recent past. I recommend it if you fancy a swift half in calm but convivial surroundings. Anyway back to the  Beryl Burton, its really rutted in places and seems to be deteriorating rapidly. It made for quite good fun on my mountain bike. I wizzed in and out of the potholes. Thing is it supposed to be a cycle way not some technical singletrack for those with skills to nail it hard on a retro hardtail. My wife on her city bike had to slow to nearly a stop in a few places. My kids would have been unable to ride it, their wheels are too small. Should it be requirement of urban cycling in Harrogate that you need a good suspension fork and the skills to use it? I think not.

Come on NYCC the state of this route should shame you, it embarrasses me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment